The purpose of this FAQ is to offer clarity to HRDF registered employers on the suspension of the implementation of several Strategic Initiatives under the 30% Consolidated Human Resources Development Fund (herein referred to as “Consolidated Fund”) with effect from 12 June 2018 (Wednesday). Employers’ circular No. 3/2018 details the said suspension.
- How long is the suspension of the Consolidated Fund?
The suspension of the Consolidated Fund is until further notice. Employers will be informed on the status of the suspension once HRDF has completed its review on the policies, procedures and implementation mechanism of the Consolidated Fund.
- What is the reason for the suspension of the Consolidated Fund?
The reason for the suspension of the Consolidated Fund is to enable HRDF to review the policies, procedures and the implementation mechanism of the Consolidated Fund for improved effectiveness and transparency; benefiting all our stakeholders.
- If the Consolidated Fund is discontinued, why is HRDF continuing with the deduction of 30 per cent levy from its registered employers?
The suspension of the Consolidated Fund is temporary.
During the suspension period, HRDF will review the policies, procedures and the implementation mechanism of the Consolidated Fund for improved effectiveness and transparency.
HRDF hopes to continue with the implementation of Strategic Initiatives under the Consolidated Fund after the suspension period; with improved benefits to employers and relevant stakeholders.
- Why has HRDF decided to maintain the SBL-Khas Incentive Programme which is also part of the Consolidated Fund?
The SBL-Khas Incentive Programme is a direct application by registered employers to HRDF Operation Division.
- Is it possible for registered employers to use the Consolidated Fund for certification courses under the SBL Scheme during this suspension period?
This is currently under review by HRDF. HRDF will consider allowing registered employers to use consolidated fund for certification courses under SBL Scheme if there is sufficient demand for it.
- If a decision is reached for the cessation of the Consolidated Fund, what will happen to money collected from the deduction of 30 per cent levy?
This matter is currently under review by HRDF and employers will be advised on it once a decision is reached.
- What is the communication method which HRDF will use to provide updates to registered employers with regards to this suspension?
HRDF will provide updates on the suspension of the Consolidated Fund through our website and through emails to registered employers. In this instance, registered employers are advised to update their primary email address and phone number in eTRiS.
HRDF will also publish relevant updates and circular(s) on this matter on our website.