Future Workers Training Scheme (FWT)
Today’s world has changed tremendously in terms of technological development and business requirement. This change has created impacts on the nature of works where employers expect the newly recruited workers to be able to perform the assign duties immediately upon joining the organization with minimal training intervention.
This scheme enables employers to obtain the financial assistance in terms of skills training and increase the knowledge of their future workers under the pre-employment training programme. Employers will be able to train their future workers with the required skills and competences before entering employment as permanent workers.
Training Grant Application Procedure
• Login and Launch eTRiS
• Click on 'Application'
• Select from menu ‘Grant’ >’Apply Grant’
• Select FWT from menu 'Scheme Code' > 'Apply'
• Then fill up the form accordingly.
Employers are required to submit their application at least seven(7) working days before the commencement of the training. The application needs to be submitted to HRDF with a proposal/structured training programme (session plan) including the letter to Undergo the Future Workers Training (Guideline on the preparation of the structured training programme is per appendix A).
Application for financial assistance for future workers training can be approved subject to these following terms and conditions:-
|In - House
- Maximum training period is one (1) year.
- Training can be conducted either by internal or external trainer at these rates:
- Internal /External Trainer Allowance at RM1,000/day/group.
- If the trainees are less than five (5), the allowable rate is at RM25/trainee/hour.
- Maximum number of trainees for one group is 20 trainees.
- Trainees Meal Allowance is RM50/day/trainee OR Trainees Monthly Allowance is RM1,000/month/trainee.
- Trainers Meal Allowance is RM50/day/trainer.
- Employers are also eligible for other allowable cost Consumable Training Materials.
- Only full time certification programmes are allowed to be conducted as a public program.
- Course fees is RM1,300/day/trainee
- Trainees Daily Allowance is RM150/day/trainee (distance ≤ 70km); RM400/day/trainee (distance > 70km) OR Trainees Monthly Allowance is RM1,000/month/trainee.
- Air ticket.
It is mandatory for trainees to be offered employment upon completion of the preemployment training.